Venture Recruitment Partners are exclusively partnering with a Southampton based company, in their search for a Temporary Accounts Assistant to join the team on a Part or Full-time basis. They would be open to hours anywhere between 22-37.5 hours per week, and there is a potential permanent position at the end of the contract.
Salary - £25,000- 27,000
Hybrid - 3 days in office, 2 from home
Duration- 3-6 months
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the primary objective of this role is to assist and support the Finance Manager and help to ensure that the day-to-day financial processes of the business are maintained. The role will involve maintaining the purchase ledger, maintaining elements of the sales ledger, cash book postings, credit control, general ledger analysis and any ad-hoc requests from the Finance Manager.
- Approving purchase invoices in line with the purchase authorisation policy (including matching to purchase orders or warehouse management system).
- Processing purchase invoices (including accurate nominal/VAT coding).
- Reconciling purchase ledger accounts to supplier statements.
- Post all bank receipts/payments/transfers through sales ledger/purchase ledger/cash book.
- Maintain supplier records on finance system including payment terms.
- Liaise with suppliers and/or senior managers to resolve purchase invoice queries.
- Prepare suggested payment run from finance system for Head of Finance review.
- Process daily post and distribute as appropriate.
- Raise sales invoices for purchase recharges (including recycling, packaging, utility recharges) and for any small ad hoc charges as and when requested.
- Raise ad-hoc payments as and when requested.
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as required by the Finance Manager.
- Monitor debtors and carry out credit control where necessary.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role - e.g. Purchase Ledger Assistant
- Able to work collaboratively and support both the finance team and the wider business services
- Ability to manage workload effectively
- Friendly and sociable personality
- Possesses good IT skills & experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
If this role is of interest, please apply or email email@example.com