Venture Recruitment Partners are assisting an exciting and internationally operating leisure business based in Chineham with their recruitment for an Internal Auditor on an initial 9-month contract basis.
In 2018, the business took the decision to establish a ‘best in class’ Shared Service Centre based in Basingstoke. A project is now underway to bring a large number of global finance roles into Basingstoke creating a huge amount of opportunity for people to develop and progress their careers. Each team will be large and as the business continues to bring divisional finance roles into the Shared Service Centre more roles will need to be created in Basingstoke to support this. The business offers flexible working and attractive benefits that includes study support and leisure passes.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Process both PO and Non-PO supplier invoices accurately onto the company's system
- Liaise with key stakeholders to identify issues, build relationships and manage queries efficiently
- Responsible for resolving any price or quantity variances, missing goods receipts and any other exceptions arising on purchase order invoices older than 7 days
- Follow up with approvers on any non-purchase order invoices that are in approval status for more than 7 days
- Work with the business to ensure purchase orders are closed once all goods and invoices have been received
- Ensure compliance with the supplier set up process on the system, liaising with relevant teams as required
- Manage a busy AP mailbox of approximately 100 emails a day from suppliers and internal colleagues which will include invoices and queries through to resolution
- Generate weekly payment cycles for various currencies
- Produce monthly statement reconciliations for key suppliers
- Clear open items and debit balances from your allocated ledgers
- Ensure compliance to local statutory regulations across the globe
- Assist with new process and systems implementations
- Work with the order to cash teams to ensure supplier accounts are accurately maintained and postings are rectified for month end
- Look for simplicity in work for the benefit of the team and organisation, maintaining compliance and delivering cost and time saving benefits.
The ideal candidate for the Accounts Payable Clerk job:
- 1-2 years’ experience within an Accountants Payable role
- Self -motivated and a self-starter, with the ability to build strong relationships and work as part of a team
- Must be comfortable with high volumes of transactions and be able to manage different work streams and priorities workload
- Strong attention to detail and strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel
- Knowledge/experience of computer-based accounting packages (NetSuite experience is desirable)
- Understanding of the purchase to pay process
- Understanding of the 3-way match process and its importance to the business
- A confident communicator; written and verbal
- A positive can-do attitude, especially when faced with challenges and time constraints
- You will have an open mind, with the ability to adapt to change as the success within continues to push this team forwards.
- Knowledge and understanding of simple financial concepts such as accruals, reporting and bookkeeping
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build partnerships with key stakeholder groups
- Technical capability to learn relevant systems and programs, including key commercial systems
- Good time management skills, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Ability to work proactively and independently and in a group setting
- Regularly seeks process improvement opportunities and networks internally to implement solutions
- Attention to detail to ensure information presented to senior stakeholders is accurate and reliable to be used to support decisions
This role will be primarily office-based, therefore you must be willing and comfortable commuting to the offices in Chineham.