Venture Recruitment Partners are assisting an internationally operating business based in Cosham with their recruitment for an Accounts Payable Clerk on a permanent basis.
You will provide support to the Accounts Payable team
Key responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Support supplier queries and resolution
- Process invoices and credit notes
- Handle queries and exceptions arising from suppliers and the internal customer base
- Prepare and gain authorisation of BACs payment run proposals and ‘one off’ or urgent payments
- Ensure all processes are delivered within the company controls framework
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided
- Materials in support of internal and external audit requirements.
- Participate in month end reviews of creditors ledger
- Tasks associated with corrections, exceptions and any key supplier issues to be carried out by approved team members
- Reconciliation of key supplier statements and adherence to timetable
- Sign off creditor ledger balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support of cash flow forecasts and creditor ledger reconciliations
- Ensure effective, accurate and timely response to queries and resolving exceptions with suppliers and business partners.
- Escalate of any issues faced in satisfying the customer demands.
The ideal candidate for the Accounts Payable Clerk job:
- Accurate, with the ability to present and explain data clearly & concisely.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office 2010 suite
- Ability to foster a culture that is positive about change and committed to delivery of business objectives.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify issues faced and to find solutions to those issues pro-actively.