Venture Recruitment Partners are working with a growing SME based in Southampton in their recruitment for an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant will include:
- Review of weekly timesheets, ensuring they are accurate.
- Review of bank transactions and month end bank reconciliations.
- Weekly update of cash flow forecasts.
- Review and process supplier invoices.
- Review, validate and process staff expenses.
- Preparation of weekly supplier payment run and manage any other ad-hoc payment requests.
- Review, validate and process staff credit card transactions.
- Preparation and processing of sales invoices.
- Regular review of aged debtors and undertake associated credit control activities.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Reconciliation of intercompany position.
- Monthly reconciliation of other ledger accounts as appropriate.
- Review and analysis of ledger data to ensure accurate and complete
- Assist with month end management accounts and statutory reporting requirements
- Assist with year-end budgetary process.
- Assist with periodic tax requirements
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Accountant job will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounts
- Part qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage your workload under pressure
- Great communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Pro-active attitude and willingness to make a difference
The business are very flexible regarding flexible working and working hours and would consider someone on a full or part time basis.