Our client, a multi-disciplinary international business based in Bristol, is seeking to recruit a Commercial Accountant on a 6 month contract basis.
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Accountant will include:
- Support and accurately report on the financial performance of specific contracts within the business unit
- Work closely with contract managers and other functions, routinely challenging the numbers and provide financial support to relevant bids as appropriate
- Preparation of detailed forecasts and reporting along with variance analysis to assist management make strategic decisions
- Support the pricing of organic growth, management of cash, Balance Sheets, Orderbook and contract risks and opportunities
- Ad-hoc projects for the business.
Key skills and experience of the Commercial Accountant will be:
- Recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook.
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. Navision, IFS, SAP etc.)