Venture Recruitment Partners are working with a well-established global business in Basingstoke. The client is looking to recruit an Accountant on a permanent basis. You will be part of a large team and collectively will be responsible for timely and accurate processing of financial control, accounting, and reporting activities.
You will be supporting key stakeholders in the financial reporting process.
- Preparation/approval of monthly journals working closely with key business partners for the appropriate level of support
- Accurate and timely month end reporting in line with set timeframes
- Preparation of month-end analysis and commentary for management reporting
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations to support managers and business partners
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliations, including an overview of group recharges and settlements in line with transfer pricing agreements
- Maintain financial controls in accordance with group policies and procedures
- Support the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly flash reports in line with the centralised reporting strategy
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and supporting information requests for tax return completion
- Support indirect tax, local tax and ad-hoc statistical reporting
- Liaise with internal and external audit teams
Skills, knowledge and Experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that is always evolving. The business is described as a fun and friendly place to work. No two days are the same and therefore a proactive individual who is flexible and used to a changing environment would do well in this role.
It would be useful if you have the below:
- Experience working in a large organisation
- Part qualified / finalist / qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with 3 years + experience within finance role
- Experience of process improvements and standardising finance processes
- Being able to build and maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders and be confident enough to challenge when necessary.
- Proactive individual with experience working in a flexible and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach
You can grow your career with this business and progression is often encouraged.
Salary & Benefits:
- Up to £45k depending on experience / qualification
- Generous holiday package
- Life Assurance
- Plus lots more benefits