£45,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Venture Recruitment Partners are working with a private equity backed Group of companies based in Southampton in their search for a Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ownership of the consolidation of year end numbers and the review of statutory accounts prepared by external advisers.
- Controlling and co-ordinating the annual and interim audit processes.
- Supporting external advisers in the preparation the tax computations for all Group companies.
- Reviewing balance reconciliations for compliance with accounting standards.
- Contract review and advising on the application of accounting policies and standards (under FRS102).
- Advising and controlling compliance with relevant indirect taxes.
- Maintaining the ledgers for Group Holding companies and consolidation adjustments which feed into management accounts and year end reporting.
- Preparing statutory reporting requirements
You will be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified Accountant who has, preferably, trained in an accounting Practice.
- Intermediate Excel user.
- Strong knowledge of key accounting concepts under UK GAAP/FRS102.
- Stakeholder management skills at local and Group level.