Financial Reporting Manager, Portsmouth
3 days on site, 2 remote
£50-55k + bonus + benefits
Are you an Accountant with experience of leading a small team who is data centric with strong SQL and Excel skills?
If so, we are keen to hear from you! Venture Recruitment Partners is searching for a Financial Reporting Manager with excellent SQL skills to join our client's finance function.
You will be responsible for providing management with the analysis and information they need to make major commercial, financial, and strategic decisions using a variety of reporting tools, predominantly SQL and Power BI and leading a small team of financial analysts.
The business is renowned locally for their inclusive working environment and for offering a flexible working pattern and excellent benefits.
- Analysis of trends in customer, product and profitability to assist management in key business decisions and process improvements, in particular to prevent and detect commercial risks and opportunities.
- Financial analysis and reporting, including the translation of results into meaningful output utilising tools such as Power BI to give the ‘so what’ answers to the business
- Creation and maintenance of product profitability monitoring systems and processes.
- Support the pricing teams with analysis and provision of useful data
- Monthly reporting tasks including reconciliation and contractual fee calculations
- Assist in the accurate and timely production of client / consolidated forecasts, budgets and 5-year strategic plans
- Develop financial models to help in commercial business decisions and opportunities
- Take ownership of projects, profit modelling and any other ad-hoc financial analysis and presentations as and when requested
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports and development of automated reporting tools
Candidates will have a background in finance and some management experience preferably gained within financial services. Advanced SQL knowledge with the ability to create queries, views and procedures is highly desirable as is the ability to analyse large datasets. Excellent Power BI creation and maintenance is key, as is strong analytical and data gathering skills, with a high attention to detail required and strong communication skills.