Here at Venture Recruitment Partners, we are recruiting an Assistant Accountant for a market-leading Financial Services company based in Eastleigh. Our client specialises in debt recovery and is rapidly expanding their business. The Assistant Accountant will initially report to the Financial Controller, but there is scope to be leading your own team in future.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant:
- To complete the daily postings of multi-currency transactions into the general and client ledgers
- To complete multiple reconciliations to the highest standard, including daily and monthly reconciliation of client money and other bank transactions; ad-hoc reconciliations of customer account transactions and balances and identifying, investigating and resolving all reconciliation breaks in a timely manner
- To provide administrative support for Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Payroll, Expenses and VAT
- To provide financial analysis/reports as required (e.g., management of fixed assets, preparation of monthly accounts)
The successful Assistant Accountant will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years in reconciliation roles (experience with high-volume multi-currency bank transactions is highly advantageous)
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and/or part qualification in AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Highly proficient in Excel (i.e., LOOKUP/Pivot Tables), proficiency in SQL Server Databases is highly advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in accomplishment of routine tasks
- Highly structured approach to analysis, record keeping, and presentation of outputs
- Ability to work calmly and without supervision, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously and effectively
- A positive can-do attitude, strong collaboration and communication skills, willing to make a difference
This position will be fully office-based, therefore being willing and able to commute to Southampton 5 days a week is essential.