Venture Recruitment Partners are working with a fast-growing business services company based in Hedge End in their recruitment for a Senior Credit Controller.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Credit Controller will include:
- Make contact with appropriate level customers by phone and email to obtain payment by the due date.
- Build long-term relationships with customers’ accounts payable functions.
- Process new credit applications using the business’ preferred credit reference agency, ensuring applications are completed in line with the company’s credit control policy.
- To review dormant customer accounts in line with the company’s credit control policy.
- Work with the sales director and external sales team to leverage relationships in order to achieve goals in terms of adherence to payment terms and mitigation of credit risk.
- Work with the internal sales desk to assess real-time commercial trading positions of customers; taking appropriate actions to enable continuation of trading or mitigation of credit risk.
- Liaise with the business’ credit insurance provider; working with them to access customer information that will aid in positive credit insurance limit outcomes to aid commercial objectives.
- Update the ERP system with information received from the credit insurance provider.
- Ensure credit limits are adhered to and credit limit reviews are conducted with respect to commercial risk information and commercial activity levels.
- Preparing for and leading weekly credit limit review meetings.
- Promptly identify, record and follow up any customer queries with internal colleagues to ensure these are resolved promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure the customer account records are kept fully up to date and reconciled. Allocation of customer payments based on remittance advice.
- Promptly escalate any issues to the Financial Controller regarding collection of overdue accounts.
- Contribute to the development of Credit Control process and procedures, reducing debtor days and improving cash collection KPIs.
The successful candidate for the Senior Credit Controller job will have the following skills and experience:
- Studying for or looking to study ICM qualification.
- Credit risk management experience.
- Commercially minded with the ability to assess multiple aspects of a given situation when decision making.
- A basic understanding of statutory accounts with regards to balance sheet.
- An empathetic, confident and persistent persona with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- MS Office knowledge, in particular the manipulation of data in MS Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with a structured and organised approach to work.
- The ability to work in collaboration with other team members both within the finance team and the wider business.
- ability to adapt communication skills to identify the best communication methods/strategy depending on the circumstances and the individuals being communicated with.