Venture Recruitment Partners are working with an internationally operating business based in Portsmouth in their recruitment for a Senior Credit Controller on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities of the Senior Credit Controller:
- Management of agreed aged debt accounts and collections of overdue debt and bad debt provisions
- Monitor and track customer billing queries and fully investigate remedial actions.
- Propose process enhancements and ensure process changes required are documented.
- Agree cash collection targets with focus on delivery against the targets set and contribute to short term cash flow forecasting
- Participate in monthly reviews of customer aged debt and bad debt provisions.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for billing and cash collection.
- Query investigation and resolution with Project Managers and Business Finance teams.
- Review and record customer credit status and limits to mitigate risks on debt recovery and audit recommendations
- Increase cadence on bad debt reviews including recommendations on write-offs and bad debt provisions.
- Monitor trends in invoice processing and ageing to prioritise and escalate any operational issues in the end-to-end process
Key skills and experience of the successful Senior Credit Controller:
- Experienced Credit Controller/CICM manager
- Exposure to Shared Services environment
- Experience using SAP during periods of transformation or ERP implementation.
- Significant exposure to the billing and collections process and can demonstrate an ability to deliver against cash targets and motivated to resolving queries at source.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels of the organisation.
- A self-starter who is performance driven with the desire to make a significant contribution/impact.
- Comfortable with working cross-functionally in areas outside their own specific area(s) of expertise.
- A track record in delivering to deadlines to a measurably high degree of quality.
- Must be highly organised and able to work in a structured environment with the ability to coordinate a large number of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral skills.