A hugely successful international law firm is looking for a Senior Trusts and Tax Manager to join their private client team.
This is a great opportunity for a STEP or ATT qualified candidate who's keen to join a stable and progressive team who are hugely respected. Working in the private clients division you will take an active role in supporting a range of UHNWI client across trusts, advisory and tax.
If you have experience of working in trusts within accountancy, legal or a family office - we'd love to speak with you
Senior Trusts and Tax Manager - The Role
- Provide direct assistance to the Trust and Tax Director and tax/accountancy support to the wider Private Client team
- Lead on client relationships, progressing matters to successful conclusion
- Liaise with clients, intermediaries and tax authorities in a clear and relevant manner
- Identify and advising on tax-planning opportunities for clients
- Supervision and preparation of:
- Trust and estate accounts
- Company and personal, estate and trust tax computations
- HM Revenue & Customs forms associated
- Various accounting reports for UK and overseas tax compliance matters
- Assist in overseeing the team’s caseload of individuals, trusts and estates. o Preparation of tax forms including SA100, SA900, IHT100, CT600
o Preparing CGT calculations
o Preparing trust accounts
o Preparing estate accounts
o Preparing 60 day CGT submissions
o Preparing non-resident trust tax pool calculations
- Assist and provide tax advice to clients of the firm
- Support in business development opportunities for the team
- Support development of Trainee Tax and Accounts Manager.
- STEP or ATT Qualified
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn at a fast pace, with the desire to further increase knowledge and progress to leadership positions
- A strong team orientation, working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the teams strategic aims.
- Advanced user of MS Excel.
- Comfortable working under pressure with the ability to plan and prioritise work; appreciation of fee earner needs and constraints; commercially aware
- Achieve the competencies for an Associate level member of the team.