Venture Recruitment Partners are pleased to be supporting a FTSE-listed business, based in London, in their search for an Interim Financial Control and Governance Lead on a 6-month basis.
Day rate - £400-500/day (inside IR35)
Hybrid working - 2-3 days a week in the office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead control walkthroughs to provide risk leads with feedback on the design effectiveness of current controls and recommendations to enhance control design. Control walkthrough plan agreed annually, to continually target areas of financial reporting and transaction risk and deliver alignment with UK Corporate Reform requirements.
- Programme management of the internal control roadmap, engaging with wide ranging stakeholders, with regular reporting of steps, timeline, status and risks. Reporting is also required to be presented to the Audit Committee 4 times per annum.
- Deliver control enhancements in line with the internal control roadmap, working closely with Finance Systems and process owners to achieve a sustainable desired enhancement.
- Provide second line of defence assurance of financial controls including review of balance sheet reconciliation controls
- Ownership of the Document of Controls and related attestation process, including monitoring of identified actions and creation of reporting to key internal stakeholders and the Audit Committee.
- Engage proactively with External Auditors to define and agree the control testing plan, and to facilitate their testing plan. The fundamental aim is to sustainably improve the external auditors confidence in the Group’s control environment by supporting proactive and appropriate testing, to target identified control deficiencies and enable control reliance.
- Provide ad hoc advice to process change projects that have an impact on financial reporting or transactions, including financial governance of bid and contract review controls, ensuring that controls are appropriately designed and documented to be robust and proportionate.
- Communicate root causes of identified internal control gaps in design and operation, including recommendations for improvements in controls
- Support other members of the Financial Control & Governance team and enable rotational support from other members of the Finance Business Service team that are utilised to deliver Financial Control & Governance priorities.
- Build trust and credibility with stakeholders to identify potential insights and challenge their views.
- Support the preparation of Audit Committee papers and other reports as required
- Interaction and relationship building at all business levels with aptitude to negotiate and constructively challenge
- ACA or ACCA Qualified
- Required - demonstrable experience of audit, risk and control testing experience
- Proactive mind set in understanding the current controls and processes, and related business requirements
- Demonstrate analytical thinking, sound judgement and attention to detail
- SOX knowledge